The back side of pokemon
Kids and their obsessions. The other night Hayden got this great idea that he was going to get all the change$ in the house and cars the hunt began. He came to me and asked if I could help him count the change he had gathered up... I new than that this night will not end until the money is counted and the big question to be asked... Yes, here it goes...."Mommie if there is enough money will you please, please., please take me to Wal-Mart to get a pack of Pokemon Cards? I really really want some new ones. Now, picture this it is about 8:45 at night and he is running around looking for any kind of change. He than hands me $3.00 in pennies, I know this because I counted it. He knows how much he needs! Than he hands me the quarters and the dimes and nickels. He had $5.62. "Okay, mom lets go.. I told him that we wont get to the store intime they are going to be closing. (I Know Wal-Mart doesn't CLOSE.) I didn't think he new it. So off to Wal-Mart we go, and if any of you know shopping for Pokemon Cards isn't my favorite thing to do. But Hayden loves it. So we are standing there, he is looking at the foiled covers and what is going thru his mind I would love to know. He would look and ask can I get this pack or that pack of course he wanted the big $$$Dollar$$$ ones. I explained that if he would save more money he would be able to get the bigger packages. So he continues to look at the foiled covers again... While I am going Crazy standing there for 10 minutes. Just pick a pack and lets go... The fun of shopping with a 6 year old for "Pokemon" cards.... The excitement in his eyes is the best and to listen to him when he opens the pack and discusses what he has got and who he will be doing his trading with. And I have no idea about how this pokemon thing goes, what is good, bad, or whatever it is. It is a foreign language to me.




1 comment:
You are such a good mom Kir, I probably wouldn't have gone shopping for pokemon cards late at night, 9:00 is my bedtime you know!! :)
Post a Comment